Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"If I were a painter I believe I'd always paint windows."


Our family bookclub book this past month was "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith, which was introduced to us by my niece Autumn. A line in the book (which I loved, by the way) on page 152 was this; "If I were a painter I believe I'd always paint windows." A year or so ago I went to a "starving artist" art sale in Boise. There I bought four paintings I assume were all done by the same "starving" artist; who I believe had read this book, or at least agreed with the character, Simon. My only regret is that the artist didn't sign his/her work.

5 comments:

Janie said...

Those are perfect there! And I agree, it's a shame the artist is unknown.

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I love how they look there!

Autumn said...

First: I am enamoured with your paintings and your placement of them! Perfect!!

Second: I loved that line when I read it, too.

When Mike and I were on our honeymoon in the Yucatan Peninsula we drove through many tiny villages and the one thing I fell in love with were the beautiful windows. Each little abode's windows had some beautiful filigree(sp?) and/or brightly splashed colors used to accent them. I tried over and over again to try to photograph them through the tinted bus windows only to discover it could not be done. They were all so pretty though that I would love to go back some time to capture them and create a lovely book out of them...

(Glad you loved the book, by the way!!)

Michelle C said...

That's fun!

James and Aimee said...

I know I'm staying in your own house right now, but I think I can still comment, right?

I think it is so neat that you happened to have paintings of windows on your wall when you read this book. I really like them, by the way. They are beautiful!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
This empty nest thing is pretty nice!