Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Humanitarian Projects


Our Stake Humanitarian Day is coming up this week. The ladies in our Ward are just amazing. I was in charge of collecting the items for the kits (layette, hygiene & school), as well as those for the orphanage project. There were sisters who made school bags, receiving blankets, gowns, booties, balls and hats. Then others purchased and donated items. These first four pictures are of the kits; so times them by 25 and thats what is from our Ward alone, as well as what I'll be glad to get out of my house. I'm running out of room to store it. Our Ward was asked to provide 10 quilts also. Sister Luella Rumsey is over the quilt project and she made 91 of the 102 quilts our Ward will be donating. Heidi and I got to help her with measuring them so they could be sorted according to size (full, twin and crib).




























































































2 comments:

Autumn said...

Wow, Johanna! You are right about your ward sisters being AMAZING. Sister Luella is truly a giving and beautiful Saint. Give her a hug from me. I admire her so much. Congratulations on your successful project! Love you!
(seriously, that was all so amazing to me!!!)

Jim said...

I think that even the earliest sisters in the Relief Society would stand in awe of all this work. It looks good, too!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
This empty nest thing is pretty nice!